Am Dienstag, den 29.09.2009, 11:48 +0530 schrieb phanisvara das:
> On Tuesday 29 September 2009 07:06:52 am Phil Labonte wrote:
> >  have looked online on the Gimp site and I am not clear if Gimp
> > supports 16 or 24 or 32 bit images?
> as far as i know, GIMP processes colors with 16 bit precision when "use GEGL"
> is
> enabled from the "colors" menu. work is in progress to make it possible to
> fully
> support opening & saving of 16 bit (or higher?) images.
Wrong. GEGL uses 32 bit floating point numbers, that gives 128 bit per
coloured pixel (with alpha channel). Using 16 bit integers, the maximum
intensity of a color channel is 0xffff. This may lead to temporarily
color cropping during multi-step operations, even if the final channel
intensity is below 0xffff. By using floating point numbers, no
temorarily cropping will occur.