I've looked through the archives and the FAQ and haven't
found any solution to this problem.  If I missed it
somehow, I apologize in advance for wasting everyone's
time.

I have a Canon A570 and use GIMP 2.6.6 on Mac OS X
(10.4.11).  When I open a photograph from my camera in
GIMP, regardless of whether I convert to sRGB or not, the
colors - especially the greens - appear very washed out
when compared with when I open the image with Preview or
iPhoto.  I love GIMP and would really like to continue to
use it, but I also love my colors....  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

-- Felicia