As a newbee...

When I open the Channel Mixer, Red is the the selected 'output' colour and
appears at 100, with the other two at zero.  When I select Green or Blue, the
selected RGB colour appears at 100 and the other two are zero.

When I tick on Monochrome, Red shows at 100; Green and Blue are zero.

I have a feeling this is not right and that I have somehow changed the
default settings.  I was practising with the excellent 'Hair' tutorial when I
began to suspect that something had changed and I could no longer achieve the
differentiation of Greys.

Can anyone advise, please?

Thank you

Bill Y. (via