>I have downloaded G'MIC and unzipped it, but it's not clear how to
>install it.  I would guess that it should simply be copied
>to /usr/lib64/gimp/2.0/plug-ins, but this procedure doesn't seem to be
>documented anywhere.  Or maybe it's better to copy it to
>$HOME/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins .  Or maybe something else.

Hard to tell without know your OS

Anyway the old Greycstoration plugin still work very well in gimp 2.6

Gmic is much more, it include other 300 filters and may look more complex (even
if has a better Gui then GreyC )..a price for all the options that may offer) ..

> > *BTW:* How carefully are the plugins in the Gimp
> Plugin Registry checked
> > for trojans, etc?

As Michael says are not checked at all

But similar problem will be quickly reported, as comment or here, or in some
gimp forum

And till now as far i know was not a single case of infected files