I have a simple JPG (108x170 pixels) that I want to use in a larger,
higher resolution image that I'm creating.  It is a fairly simple black
and white drawing -- actually, a light bulb with several curves and
angles and straight lines.

Yes, I have expanded it to 1000x1575 pixels.  Yes, I've zoomed to 800x,
selected non-black pixels and deleted them.

What I have now is almost tolerable; but, I'd like to know alternatives,
preferably the simplest, most straight forward method to clean up the
jagged edges that are visible.

I will not use it at 1000x1575; but, I need it considerably more
detailed than 108x170.

Please, comment and advise.

Best Regards,

Mike