On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:01 AM, TenLeftFingers <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> I've noticed (and since learned) that when an RGB graphic is printed on a CMYK
> printer, the output can be much darker - perhaps more saturated?
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend modification I should make to
> my images before sending them to the printer. I've considered simply
> brightening the image, but I'm thinking that there might be a smarter
> adjustment to make.

Most "CMYK" printers (if you mean inkjets and lasers) are actually RGB
printers. So, you can get the most accurate results using a calibrated
monitor, Gimp's color management in "Color manged display" mode, and
sRGB profile for your image.

You can get better results by calibrating your printer, though.

--
Branko Vukelić

Check out my blog: http://www.brankovukelic.com/
Check out my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbunny/