Quoting Dillon <dillonontheco...@gmail.com>:

> The problem I'm having right now is with the interactive "press any
> character to close this window" message that appears when GIMP finishes
> processing a piece of Script-Fu.
>
> I want to suppress that message so that there is no user interaction
> required.

I'm not familiar with that message. Could you provide a little more
detail about your process?

> I've written a series of scripts to automate GIMP's script-fu batch
> processor.  Right now I'm working on starting up multiple asynchronous GIMP
> processes.

Unless the image processing you are doing is quite involved, you might
find that running a single GIMP instance to be faster if you pass all
of the filenames to it at once. This way you avoid the somewhat
lengthy startup times that GIMP usually experiences.