> Nick C. wrote:
> > why do I have to get help every time I try to do
> > something in this program? It seems to me that it is one of the most
> > unfriendly and unintuitive command layouts I've ever encountered.

I first learnt how to Photoshop when it was taught in my school (for a web
design course) a few years ago. After using PS, GIMP was really easy to get
used to. However, for anyone who wasn't proficient with PS prior to using
GIMP, I imagine it would be a steep learning curve. On the other hand, most
people can not just pick up Photoshop quickly either (to an acceptable
standard). Overall, I think GIMP is on par with, if not easier to learn than
other image editing software.