On 09/12/2010 05:31 AM, Ofnuts wrote:
>    On 12/09/2010 11:41, Andreas Moroder wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have scanned page from a book. On the screen all looks ok. Near the
>> images I wanted to scan I see only light shades on the white background,
>> but when I print the page this shades becomes much darker and visible
>> and show the back side of the page. Can anyone please tell me a way to
>> get rid of this shades without impact on the rest of the image.
>>
>> I uploaded one page here:
>> http://rapidshare.com/files/418578196/seite1.tif
>>
>> Thanks
>> Andreas

> 1) rapidshare is a dog for non-paying customers, so please avoid...

Appears to me that rapidshare is atrick to dupe people into unknowingly
promoting paying customers. It is a "dog" apparently because the download
algorithm includes multiple pauses of various sizes in order to maximize
revenues from the unwary. Registering to upload is free; there is no hint on
the
registration or upload page that downloading will be metered.