On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Patrick Horgan <phorg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> i'm curious how other people regard layer masks. In particular, which
>> memory aids exist to remember when to use black and when to use white.
> I think of it like illumination.

Cool.  I think of it as a window or transparent overlay.  If I imagine
the mask as a "window" above the layer, then white is "clear" and
anything darker than that is masked from view.

[But after saying that: I do have to stop and think about it sometimes
- after doing a lot of screen printing work, positive and negative
space often get mentally blurred for me ;) Colors->Invert to the