Hello All,
I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out the correct syntax for running a
scm that converted a file to .jpg.
The GIMP help was fine for the scm code, but not so good for the command prompt
of windows.

Here is what I found to work for a script named save-as-jpg.scm:
(i am on win 7 64 bit, hence the (x86) in the path...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\bin\gimp-2.6.exe" -i -b "(save-as-jpg
"\"DSC_2636-Color24Bit.png\"" 0.7 "\"DSC_2636-Color24Bit.jpg\"")" -b
"(gimp-quit 0)"

that worked. The changes from what the help file says to use are:
1) use full path of exe, in quotes.
2) use double quotes around GIMP functions, not single quotes
3) add double quote escape sequences around parameters that are strings

I looked far and wide to figure this out, so would guess others would be
interested in the summary of what i found.
Only remaining issue so far is how to get the secondary dos window that pops
up, to close when its done. I thought the "(gimp-quit 0)" did that, but guess
not.

--
JamesMaeding (via gimpusers.com)