>What I'd like to be able to do is something like georeferencing images
>in a GIS.  That is, having a base image I refer to, create a series of
>points on the base and another image of a different scale that
>correspond to the same places, and the new image will be adjusted to
>match.  Is there a way to do this with GIMP?  I have not been able to
>find anything like this so far in looking around.  Maybe I just don't
>know the correct terminology for GIMP.

>Thanks for your help-
>Peter

Not really any suggestions for gimp but it is cold and boring here in the UK so
I ran out a small video using "Art of Illusion".
How it would perform with your presumably large images I do not know. Anyway
FWIW and only 4 mins long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZpJ3dV6KkE

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)