On 01/19/2011 12:10 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
> On 01/19/2011 09:19 AM, Jeremy Nell wrote:
>> No, you can't select multiple layers.  I'm suggesting that there
>> should be a way to do so (and delete them).
>
> The ability to select multiple layers opens a rather large can of worms.
> What happens when you paint with several layers selected?

One way to deal with it would be to have two concepts, active layers and
selected layers. There is only one active layer, but there can be
several selected layers. When you paint, the active layer is affected.
When you free-transform, the selected layers are affected. Whenever
there is only one selected layer, that layer is also the active layer.

On 01/19/2011 12:17 PM, Jeremy Nell wrote:
 >  > The ability to select multiple layers opens a rather large can of
 > worms. What happens when you paint with several layers selected?
 >
 > Then Gimp simply doesn't allow you to paint (because it doesn't know
 > which layer you want). Simple.

Not painting at all is not a very good solution if the user clearly acts
like he wants to paint. It's better to make a best-guess; if it was
wrong, well then the user have to be more specific. At least we tried
our best.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: