Quoting mamboze <for...@gimpusers.com>:

> I'm having a problem accessing Script-Fu. As I understand it, when I
> click on Filters>Script-Fu>Refresh Scripts, a menu should appear
> alongside Filters. This is not happening.

Script-fu is installed (most likely); however, there has been no
top-level "Script-Fu" menu since GIMP 2.2 -- all scripts and plug-ins
are now placed in the menus according to their function, not what
language they happen to be written in.

> The scripts I want to use are Script-Fu > Layer Effects > Drop
> Shadow, ...> Inner Shadow, ...> Bevel and Emboss.

"Layer Effects" is a third-party script and not provided with the GIMP
distribution. It is available from the GIMP Plug-in Registry.

http://registry.gimp.org/node/186