Jeremy Nell <> writes:

> That's unfortunate.  Sometimes, it is handy to be able to revert to the newly
> opened
> file state.

So basically, keep the initially opened file as a "special" persistent
undo state, regardless of saves happening in between?

(Emacs does this using backup files... although I guess the user would
not want to see lots of HUGEIMAGE.xcf~ files scattered in their

Hmm, taking that idea further, how about being able to tick off an undo
state, and say "don't delete this state no matter how many further
actions I do"?

Apropos, seems like a nice script,
although it does not solve this exact problem.

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer -- because you're worth it