On Wednesday, May 11, 2011 02:18:25 pm Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
> Rhino wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong? How do I access the layers that I created before
> > the current layer?
>
> If you want to make changes to an existing text layer, in the layer
> dialog, make the layer containing the text you want to change the active
> layer,

In the layer window when you  click on a layer the whole layer bar gets a blue
background and that is the active layer. To isolate that layer click the eye
icon for each other layer. That makes the other layers invisible.  If the eye
icon is visible then that layer is visible and if it isn't then the layer is
invisible.

Just remember, the layer with the blue background is the active layer and the
layer(s) with the eye icon are visible.  That is obvious to experienced users
but not necessarily obvious to those coming to Gimp from other software.

--
John Culleton
2401 Haight Avenue