I am starting to do raw images with my Nikon D90.  I have ufraw both as
a gimp plugin and a standalone program under Fedora Linux 14.  I have
started to look at the ufraw User's Guide at the ufraw website, but it
would be helpful to have some tutorials or other guides if they exist.

I already found that ufraw doesn't correct for lens distortion
adequately.   According the the ufraw forum at sourceforge, this is a
known problem.

I can do the lens correction with ufraw manually, but there are three
parameters, and it is hard to figure out how to adjust them visually.
The gimplensfun filter for gimp does a much better job.  It reads the
lens data from the exif information in the image, and makes the
correction based on the lensfun database.   ufraw is supposed to do
something like that, but it gets it wrong.

Leonard Evens l...@math.northwestern.edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University