This, besides the text tool, is probably one of the most unintuitive features in Gimp.

- Find an image on Google / hard drive.
- Drop it into your working area.
- Change it's transparency.
- Resize / Rotate and, suddenly, the transparency reverts to original state.

This last step makes no sense. I changed its transparency for a reason and it must stay that way until I say so. A similar scenario is if I have that image on a layer that is below other layers. The moment I resize or rotate, it suddenly appears above all the layers, making editing incredibly unintuitive and inaccurate.

Will this be improved upon in the next Gimp?