I'm having some problems using the "gimp_text_fontname" routine in Gimp
version 1.1.10... I've tried several of the examples out (to no avail) such

$font =

$txtLayer = gimp_text_fontname( $img, -1, 0, 0, "Howdy!", 5, 1,
xlfd_size($font), $font);

And I can only get this response (if anything):

"Error: gimp_text_fontname: procedural database execution failed at (eval
22) line 1"

I'm assuming that the problem is in the way I'm using "font name" ($font)
which is supposed to conform to the X Logical Font Description Conventions,
thus I'm not quite sure if the above statement for $font is correct.  Does
anyone know where I'm going wrong and how I may go about fixing this?  (Or
at least lead me in the right direction so I can fix this problem?)

Examples of fontnames (conforming to X Logical Font Description Conventions)
would be greatly appreciated too (since I don't really have any idea what
they are...).