On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 06:39:27PM +0100, Stephan Skrodzki
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> a) a possibility to write ppm's with more than 8 bit?

I am quite sure that the Gimp writes images in 24 bit mode if your original
image is in RGB mode:

P3
# CREATOR: The GIMP's PNM Filter Version 1.0
512 512
255

(looks like 24 bit to me)

> b) a way to export yuv's or so in 24 bit?

Not easily. You can, however, use imagemagick's convert to translate
images into seperate or combined yuv images (all images with a singlke
command if you need ;)

> c) perhaps a direct way to create mpeg2 still frames?

Maybe you should look at the gap plug-in, AFAIK it can write mpeg2 frames,
but I never tried myself.