In Gimp version 1.1.15, the tool options for the bucket fill no longer
include a way to vary the opacity of the fill. In older versions of the
Gimp, you could set the bucket fill to be completely opaque through
translucent. I used to use this feature to mix colors the same way you
would mix real paints, by combining different colors at different
transparancies. I can probably do something similar with layers, but it
was so simple and easy when I could just vary the transparancy of the
bucket fill. Does anyone know if this feature will be restored in future
versions of the Gimp, or is it gone forever??