> > /usr/local/bin/gimp but get the following error:
> >
> > dynamic linker: gimp: cannot open /usr/local/lib/libgtk-1.2so0
> > killed
> >
> > I looked in the user-FAQ and so set the environment setting:
> > #LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> > #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>Does this library (libgtk-1.2) actually exist anywhere else on your system?
>Do a find, it may reside in some other  path, i.e. /usr/lib or /usr/X11/lib

The dynamic linker asks for /usr/local/lib/libgtk-1.2.so0 but didn't find
anything like libgtk* (wildcard) let alone libgtk-1.2.so0 on my system. Does
gimp requires other packages than gimp-1.0.4-dist.tar.gz just to run it?

I got the soft via http://www.sco.com/skunkware/x11/viewers/index.html#gimp
as SCO Openserver distribution. So I don't need to compile/link/make it