I am having trouble finding a way to fill in solid color regions with a
specific color.  For example, I have a bunch of LCARS images that I want to
use for a Star Trek web site.  They come from a set of templates.   But, the
images are not in a solid color, and they are gradients of some color and
black.  I want to be able to fill the places where there is color (there is
some transparancy) with a single color and get rid of the gradient.
I know I can painstakingly hand-select the curves of color, and fill in with a
single color, but I want to do this quickly.  I have included an attachement (a
small gif) which should explain what I mean.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Rick Rosinski
http://www.rickrosinski.com