Lars Burgstahler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> why don't you
> a) use the fuzzy select and click on the black part. Then you should invert the...
> b) or use color select (in the selection submenue). You can define the...
> c) use bezier selection (but this might be too much work, so I'd try one of the
> above options)

My suggestion: If I got it right, you want to fill the shape in the image with a solid
color.
To do that easily: put it on a transparent layer (or don't, depending on your needs)
and
click on the 'Keep transparency' selector on the Layers dialog, then Select->All.
This way everything that is not transparent will be filled with the desired
color/gradient/pattern/whatever.

Cheers,
e-Male