On 3/10/2000 7:36, Jim Clark at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Is there a way to use Macintosh fonts in the GIMP?  A point to a
> tutorial would be great...if it exists.

Actually, pretty easy. You need to convert them to .TTF the same as Windows.
There are several tools that do this. TT Converter is one. Once that is
done, you can just move the font over to your TrueType directory in Linux.
Make sure you are running a TrueType font server and your box is set up
properly for TrueType support.

Once that is done, the font(s) should appear in the Gimp and any other
application that uses TT Fonts. There is a TT Font tutorial on x.themes.org
if you need some more detail. There's also a HowTo on it I think.

HTH.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.2.14)                       ICQ: 26351441
                                            PGP key available on request
          "On the net, no one knows you're a Duck!"