You probably have to check you Xserver & its config files. I know with
RedHat, I had to change entries in the font server to get more than the
basic fonts working. Maybe this is something similar??

        Jonathan Erbe           aka             Erunantion
                     The Annals of Middle-earth
                <"http://rush.baked.net/~jerbel/">
             E-mail me at <"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">