Guido Bressan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I found somewhere that I had to download, compile and install
> a "jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz", which I did. First I performed a standard
> installation, making the jpeg executables visible to GIMP by linking
> them from the "lib/gimp/1.0/plug-ins" directory, then I tried with
> gimptool, using the "--install-admin-bin" option.

You have to get the _library_ called libjpeg6b. It seems that the
sources you compiled were the binary utilities for libjpeg. Chances are
you have it already, if not then check out the ftp site for
libjpeg6b, it is there somewhere. I think it should compile nice and
clean on Solaris, too(never tried it though).