If the gimp executable is installed at '/usr/bin', and you compile the developer
sources then the
newer version should appear by default at '/usr/local/bin'.  This can be changed with
'--prefix=' ./configure option when compiling from sources.  To run the old excutable
just type

I've not tried the above myself.  It is possible that the old gimp might see files
belonging to
the new gimp - which would cause problems.  It should work AFAIK, but don't hold me
too it.

Someone else might give you more information, but they need to know whether you
install via
sources or rpm.  Also, the location of the older version might be important to their

Jonathan Paton

Do You Yahoo!?