Jakub Steiner wrote:

> > Well, I had hoped that by upgrading to 1.1.25 I would be able to resolve
> > my problem with gimp not listing my printers.  Alas, same problem.  Any
> > suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The drop down box that should
> > list my printers has one entry in it, 'file.'
>
> The print plugin lists printers available to the system in the /etc/printcap
> file. You probably haven't configured any printer for your system yet. If
> you're using redhat, they have a graphical interface called printtool to guide
> you setting everything up.

I've got two printers configured and can 'see' them both from every
other program (netscape, older gimp....).  I fired up gimp from the
command line and found that when I bring up the print dialog box, an
error is displayed saying that 'usr/bin/lpstat' can not be found.  I
suspect this is the problem.  I've since found that lpstat comes with
the new lprng driver, so I'll have to look into that I guess.

--
Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Microsoft != Innovation