[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2000-10-15 at 1454.53 -0700):
> Hello, Group:  Enjoy your productive and helpful list, tremendously.  I am
[...]
> I'm running RH6.2, Linux box PIII 550, The Gimp.  Thanks, Tom

Are you trying to confuse me or what? Your mail is a mess... so I
guess you had a bad day with fonts.

Do you want to know where all fonts are located? Read the files
/etc/X11/XF86Config and /etc/X11/fs/config (in RH the first says "use
font server" and the second is the font server config, but check both)
to see what dirs are used to load fonts from. In all that dirs, there
should be a file named fonts.dir that maps the file names to the font
used by X.

To handle fonts you have to use mkfontdir (all fonts except TTF) and
ttmkfdir (TTF fonts). But restarting the fonts server takes care of
that if he detects a file newer than the fonts.dir (RH). So to add or
modify fonts, put all the new ones in a new directory, better if you
separate by classes (TTF from FooCD, Type1 downloaded from bar.com,
etc), and restart the font server. Next time you use Gimp the new ones
should be listed. If not using a font server, use xset to reconfig the
font dirs (add new dirs and reload database).

If that is not what you want, please specify... after calming down. :]

GSR