On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, J.A.Aylward wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:35:51 -0800 lee johnson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > hi..
> >
> >   i am having trouble printing via gimp and general printing..it looks
> > like its going to..i KNOW i have right driver selected
> > but it just does nothing..no sounds by printer nadda.. :)
> >
> > i in errro removed the spool directory instead of just lp when removing
> > a printer from printtool and adding another..but i put back what i could
> > remember
> > and wonder if i missed something that is needed for proper printing?

> Have you tried configuring it with printtool and printing a test page
> from there?  If you deleted the spool directory, I think you will
> have deleted some important configuration files.  Printtool should
> put them back again.

I belive that printtool will create an individual spool file for a
printer, but if you've lost

That will need to be recreated manually.  A lot depends on your system,
but try

 mkdir /var/spool/lpd
 chown rood:daemon /var/spool/lpd
 chmod 775 /var/spool/lpd

and then try printtool.

> > when i boot computer one thing shows as not loading right  "AT".....is
> > that preventing me from printing???

Can you be more specific?  You haven't given us a lot to go on.

Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html