Hi,

I've been trying to get the network for the 1.3.7 section to work.

These are just a couple of the errors I encountered while using GINI:
Error: 2
<type 'exceptions.OSError'> Exception in Tk callback
  Function: <bound method ControlPanel.cleanUp of <__main__.ControlPanel
instance at 0x8610ccc>> (type: <type 'instancemethod'>)
  Args: ()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/share/gbuilder/Pmw/Pmw_1_3/lib/PmwBase.py",
line 1747, in __call__
    return apply(self.func, args)
  File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gbuilder", line 1214, in cleanUp
    os.unlink(os.path.join(os.getcwd(), shortname))
<type 'exceptions.OSError'>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/jeo/test2LANs'

Starting uml switches...
Pyro Client Initialized. Using Pyro V3.7
Starting Switch Switch_1...    Starting Switch Switch_1...    [OK]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gloader", line 887, in <module>
    success = startGINI(myGINI, options)
  File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gloader", line 37, in startGINI
    success = createVS(myGINI.switches, options.switchDir)
  File "/home/jeo/gini-installed/bin/gloader", line 93, in createVS
    pidIn = open("uswitch.pid", "r")
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'uswitch.pid'

Then the virtual machines themselves had several services not starting. The
routers would not work out of nowhere, after perfectly working one run
before. When I click Stop I always have to kill everything. After a full
reinstallation of GINI i still get the same errors, even with completely new
files. Errors out of nowhere.

I have no idea how to configure a router by hand... there is no
documentation on that.

Can we please do something about these errors? I spend most of the time
reinstalling and trying to please GINI, not doing actual work.

George Ciobanu
Computer Engineering U/G
McGill University
Montreal, Canada