I'm not sure if anything came out of those discussions, but maybe it's worth mentioning.

One more thing worth mentioning is that the Giraph talk, "Processing over a billion edges on Apache Giraph", was accepted for the Hadoop Summit 2012 (http://hadoopsummit.org/program/).

On 4/3/12 7:20 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) wrote:
Hi Jakob,

On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:34 PM, Jakob Homan wrote:

Is it worth mentioning the UC Irvine connection?
... ? Is that the low-budget sequel to the classic Gene Hackman film?
LOL ummm no :) But, this is what I was talking about:

Looks like the students were doing something similar in that class,
and there was some mailing list discussion about it in Jan 2012.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattm...@nasa.gov