Hello everyone,

I tried writing my own code using Giraph and like it a lot but I have some
questions regarding the input splinting and the partitioning of the graph.

1: Am I right in the assumption that Giraph does not split the input file
by itself. Assume that I have got a graph in one single file, Giraph sends
the whole graph to one worker while the rest of the workers is just idle.

2: I read through the source code and found a part saying that vertices
must be presented in id-order. Is that a task the user has to do or is
there a workaround to have vertices not in id-order?

3: The VertexRange class provides the assignment between vertices and
workers. Is there  a way to override the standard implementation and use a
custom assignment system?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Severin Andreas Corsten
DHBW-Student Business Informatics 2009 - University Programs
IBM Sales & Distribution, Human Resources
WI09N-M

Phone: 1-408-927-2750
Mobile (Germany): 49-160-98976935
E-mail: severin.cors...@de.ibm.com

Hechtsheimer Str. 2
Mainz, 55131
Germany

IBM Deutschland Management & Business Support GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke,
Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 24938

<<image/gif>>