On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> One misunderstanding my side. Isn't it true that the messages have to be
> buffered as they all have to be collected before they can be processed (by
> definition of superstep)? So you cannot really process them as they come?

This is the current implementation, yes, but I'm trying to see if an
alternative is also possible in this framework, for Vertex implementations
which are able to handle asynchronous updates.  In this model, a vertex
would be required to be able to handle multiple calls to compute() in a
single "superstep", and would instead signal that it's superstep
computations are done at some (application specific) point.

I know this goes outside of the concept of a "BSP" model, but I didn't want
to get into too many details before I figure out how possible it was to
implement some of this.