I guess I'll follow up:

My interest is in distributed systems and databases, and particularly where
those two intersect. I'm a Pig committer by night (and a little by day), and
tech lead of Twitter's data analysis infrastructure team by day (and a
little by night). My interest in Giraph is mostly motivated by the promise
of reusing our existing Hadoop infrastructure to perform a variety of
calculations much more efficiently. For now I'm mostly concerned with
getting things into a state where I won't be concerned with giving Giraph as
a tool to the data scientists on the team; that means integration with our
existing data sources, trimming the memory footprint, and finding and
eliminating a few edge cases that can prevent jobs from starting correctly.
Longer-term, I would like to work on shoring up fault-tolerance and
improving the RPC subsystem.

Dmitriy V Ryaboy
Twitter Analytics