I am another one who howls at the sad bits of books - kids' books, adult
novels, it doesn't matter what.  I'm with Di, the bit when Jo thinks Jack
has dies gets me every time.  Also Beth's death in Little Women, the bit in
Queen of the Abbey Girls where Jen talks about the dream she had about her
father, mama's death in Masha, bits of The Little Princess and The Secret
Garden...  Perhaps we ought to band together, fellow crybabies, and attempt
to cure ourselves.  We could call ourselves The Anti-Sobbists.
Georgie