I am Guruprasad from Bangalore, India working for HP. I am very much new to
git and trying to establish a DVCS in my workstation. I am facing few
problems please help me out. below i am giving my setup and the things i
have done till now.
1) I have 2 Linux box (A and B). GIT installed in both of them.
2) I have one project in A and added to GIT repository.
3) Cloned A repository into B. Complete repository got cloned into B from A
along with all source code.
4) If I do some changes to files in A and commit, I am able to pull the
changes done and merge into B. (here i am not doing any push, just pull is
getting all updates)
5) If i do some changes to files in B, commit and push to remote branch, I
am unable to pull the changes done and merge into A. I have set
"receive.denycurrentbranch=ignore" in git config.
Can you please tel me where i am going wrong. Do I need to set anything in
Once this test is done I need to implement patches over email by using JGIT
in my application, please point me to some nice pointers so that i can
implement it in Java. Please help in this as well.
Quick response is very much appreciated.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at