We are using git routinely in our project to allow collaboration of
employees from all around the world. Until now, we supported just a single
client, but there are new clients for our project now, each having slightly
We need to figure out how can we manage few very similar projects in
parallel, without having to manually enforce their coherency. We though of
something like this:
- A contributer chooses a branch to work on.
- When the work is done the contributer has two choices:
- To apply the changes to the branch he chose to work on - in this
case the procedure is identical to our current flow
- To apply the changes to all the branches - in this case the
contributer will be asked to resolve merge conflicts for each branch
My questions are:
- Is this seems a reasonable approach?
- Is there a way to achieve this behavior with standart set of Git
- Any other suggestions/comments are more than welcome.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.