I would like to make sure that I am accurately interpreting the git
workflow concepts described in
understanding is as follows.
1. Most topic branches are taken from master, unless it's a production
hotfix, in which case its taken off of maint.
2. After code in a topic branch reaches maturity, it is first merged to
either pu or next. This is probably a judgement call. It would go into next
if there is high certainly that it will go into a release. It would merge
into pu if the feature is experimental.
3. After being tested in pu, the topic branch then would be merged to
4. After being tested in next, the topic branch would merge to master.
5. Finally, master is --ff-only merged to maint.
There is a lot of good information in the manpage, but it is a little
terse, as manpages tend to be. Can anyone confirm my understanding?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.