Hi git folk,
I will award a peer bonus to anyone who shows me how to solve this scenario
with specific commands.
I'd like to open source a site that has a piper-dependency for it's
publishing. There are two nodes in the system:
1. GitHub.com -- where users can submit changes to us
2. Piper -- the source of truth. Changes come from GitHub "dirty" (not
Googler-reviewed) and are merged into Piper (presumably via git5) on a
per-change basis, giving us a chance to review what's coming in on either
Gerrit or Critique.
I need the commands for these six things:
1. Setting up a local environment that has the proper "mirroring scheme"
2. How to push changes that originated in Piper up to GitHub
3. Conflict resolution workflow in cases where both GitHub
and Piper have changed
4. How to pull changes from GitHub into Piper (creating a CL or Gerrit
change each time that gets Googler-approved before submission)
5. Conflict resolution workflow in cases where both GitHub and Perforce
6. Destroying a local environment that is no longer needed (presumably
you can just delete the directory)
I'd prefer that this be done with git5 mirror so that it's fast, and to be
CITC-compatible so changes can be tweaked in Cider if desired.
Any help at all appreciated, but the person who offers specific commands
will get the bonus (and the thanks of the Cloud Platform team).
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Git
for human beings" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.