"Kyle J. McKay" <mack...@gmail.com> writes:
> And now all the t5200-url-normalize tests pass again.
> FYI, I couldn't get the patches to apply against next or pu without
> some minor tweaks that were just conflict resolutions having to do
> with git_config_with_options changing its signature.
I built these five patches directly on top of your series, i.e. on
top of cea9928d (docs: update http.<url>.* options documentation,
I'll rebuild the series with your fixes and I may even queue it to
'pu', but with some random thoughts:
* "url-match.[ch]" are ugly names. I'd be happier with
* In the end result, http_options() looks mostly identical to that
of the 'master', but it got an extra "void *matched", only to
support "git config --get-urlmatch". I however do not have to,
if I do a few things:
- Instead of implementing urlmatch_config_item that extends
urlmatch_item, have a separate string_list, keyed by the
variable names, and point the string_list with the generic cb
pointer I already have in urlmatch_config. The fn() on the
"git config" side has to index this second string_list with the
variable and keep track of the value from the best candidate we
have seen so far.
- The above allows us to lose item_alloc and item_clear callback
functions from urlmatch_config, as we will not be doing the
structure inheritance to extend urlmatch_item.
- We still need cascade_fn callback, though.
* With the above, http_options() does not have to change in the
series. We could restructure the series perhaps this way:
- http.sslCertPasswordProtected parsing fix.
- Add urlmatch.[ch], which would be your "config: improve support
for http.<url>.* settings" and yesterday's "url-match: split
out URL matching logic out of http.c", and a half of
"url-match: generalize configuration collection logic".
- Update http.c to use urlmatch.[ch] to make http.c match the
result of the endgame patch [5/3], and add necessary end user
documentation to Documentation/config.txt.
- Add test-url-normalize and t/t5200
- Update builtin/config.c for "--get-urlmatch", to make
builtin/config.c match the result of the endgame patch [5/3],
add end user documentation to Documentation/git-config.txt.
- Add some tests for "git config --get-urlmatch".
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html