On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Ronnie Sahlberg <sahlb...@google.com> wrote:
> Duy, keep up the good work.
> Once you are ready I am more than happy to help out reviewing the patches.
The road I'm taking is:
1) split-index to speed up index writing time
2) add index-helper daemon to speed up index reading time
3) speed up .gitignore processing by caching the results and validate
using directory stat info
4) make sure 3) works (e.g. index extension data..) with another
source than directory stat info, like inotify
5) finally put inotify in place to kill lstat in index refresh and .gitignore
1) is entering next (or master) now. I need to submit 2) again and get
Windows guys' opinion (up to 3 it should work on Windows). As you can
see it'll like take a lot more months to get to 5). I feel a bit
guilty of "blocking" David Turner's inotify support series, which does
not require so many changes like this (but only benefits *nix),
because I _think_ this road is better. If you have time, maybe you can
have a look at his series and push it forward?
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html