soumyakanti3578 commented on code in PR #6854:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hive/pull/6854#discussion_r4199552765


##########
standalone-metastore/metastore-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/metastore/PartitionManagementTask.java:
##########
@@ -125,7 +126,8 @@ public void run() {
         countDownLatch.await();
         executorService.shutdownNow();
       } catch (Exception e) {
-        LOG.error("Exception while running partition discovery task for table: 
" + qualifiedTableName, e);
+        String tableLogMsg = (qualifiedTableName != null) ? " for table: " + 
qualifiedTableName : "";

Review Comment:
   From what I understand, when `qualifiedTableName` is `null`, we are printing 
empty string. I also checked that `qualifiedTableName` is used in another 
exception logging in `MsckThread.run()` which is passed via `new 
MsckThread(msckInfo, msckConf, qualifiedTableName, countDownLatch)`.
   
   I think we don't ever need the value to be `null`, and the variable can be 
declared as an empty string to begin with. Then we won't need this ternary if 
check.



-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to