Hi John,
It looks like we are hitting an issue with the state_machine gem:
https://github.com/pluginaweek/state_machine/issues/279 It happens only
during initialization, so when all the workers will load the app it should
stop. Does this still happen to you on every push? I've added this to our
bug tracker: https://gitorious.org/projects/gitorious/issues/407

Cheers,
Pawel