Very useful analysis.... I would add illiteracy and language restrictions
to this causal pattern, but doesn't this raise an important policy question
concerning the digital divide? Since time can only exacerbate the gap
between those who are already profiting (in various ways) from Internet
technology, and those who are not even able to access it, what should be
the policy approach? Just let time pass? Or work aggressively to extend
and put in place the necessary infrastructures where the demand is
evidenced?