Sven Panne wrote:
> George Russell wrote:
> > [...] Supposing you now make a change to C.  For example, suppose
> > you add a line
> >    pangle = "pangle"
> > to the end of C, and add "pangle" to the list of exports from C.
> > Then you recompile C.  You will find that C.hi now has a new version
> > number "2".
>
> Strange, this is not the case with my version of GHC (from the CVS
> repository two days ago).

Ooops, too quick!  :-} I didn't read closely enough and didn't add
`pangle' to the export list...

Anyway, in my experience -recomp plus explicit import lists are a
big gain in recompilation time.

Cheers,
   Sven
--
Sven Panne                                        Tel.: +49/89/2178-2235
LMU, Institut fuer Informatik                     FAX : +49/89/2178-2211