robert dockins wrote:

Why remove a feature from a product? Why not, instead, just choose to not use it?

Because the feature complicates the product, increases maintainance costs, and keeps the maintainers from working on other things people care more about?

That's fair. I just hope the implicit parameter implementation is orthogonal enough that it's worth keeping around.

I think the motivating examples in "Implicit parameters: dynamic scoping with static types" (http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/246042.html&e=10342) are at least as compelling as those in the just-implemented (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cvs.all/19423) "Associated types with class", (http://research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/papers/assoc-types/), but maybe it's just me.

Jim