Simon Marlow wrote:
On 23 August 2006 14:27, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:

I need to add some build system stuff for GHC: Makefile,
package.conf.in, and possibly configure.ac.  Instead of the fps
dependency, there will be a base>=2.0 dependency (ideally we would
have conditional dependencies, but Cabal support for that isn't
ready yet).
I don't have GHC past 6.4.2, so I'll have to let you do all that.

No problem, I've already started but didn't have time to finish so far.
Hopefully tomorrow.

I just pushed a (head and stable) version of regex-base,posix,compat with more boilerplate haddock and more comments. The Examples have not been added, but it is getting better.

Since time is short, I plan to integrate regex-base, regex-compat and
regex-posix today, then I'll pull over any changes you make.  I'll do
this by replicating your trl-stable darcs repo and morphing it into
each of the smaller repos, that way we don't lose history, and the
repo isn't large to begin with.
"morph"?

As in, just move the files around so that the repo turns into just
regex-base, and similarly for regex-posix etc.

The oldest version of the repository was "Text.Regex.Lazy" and was an
unorganized mix of compat/parsec/dfa/devel without any
base/posix/pcre/tre.
The loss of history a this stage would not be too terrible.

Should I just create fresh repos then?  I don't mind either way.

"Since time is short", just do whichever is fastest.

If you convert and separate all the packages, then I suggest the top level Example*.hs and Makefile be kept as the top level of the separated regex-devel package. Otherwise I expect that I can convert it like that after I get an account.

--
Chris