On 27/08/2009 11:37, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
Simon Marlow wrote:
Simon Marlow wrote:

I suggest if we stick with the independent repo approach that we
have some automation to check that changes are indeed getting
pushed upstream.
[snip unhelpful suggestion from me]

Yes, it tells you that you've screwed up, rather than telling you
that you're about to screw up, which would be much more convenient.
After you've screwed up it might be too late to fix it, due to
conflicts with upstream.

Can you arrange that the only way that patches can get into the branch
is via darcs pull --intersection<upstream repo>  ?

That's an interesting idea, I'd forgotten about --intersection.